You’ll soon learn that I like finding recipes that are delicious and easy.
I’m not lazy in the kitchen, I just like being efficient. Lets face it, life is busy enough, so when I can find something that is easy and healthy to make for myself and my family that is a win win situation.
My favourite snacks to keep on hand are these blender muffins, totally customizable to suit your taste.
Recipe from Cooking Light
2 cups rolled oats
2 ripe bananas
1 cup 2% Greek yogurt
3 tablespoons honey
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
dash of salt
Topping Suggestions :
– cinnamon and apple chunks
– strawberries and blueberries
– chocolate chips and almonds
– strawberries and chocolate chips
– unsweetened coconut
– anything your heart desires
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place 12 pieces of parchment paper or muffin-cup liners in muffin cups, or spray tin with cooking spray.
2. Throw all of the ingredients in the blender; blend until smooth and creamy, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle with toppings of your choice.
4. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool muffins in pan 5 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on a wire rack.